31 August 2020 – wage condition for new employees
For the fortnights commencing on 3 August 2020 and 17 August 2020, we are allowing employers until 31 August 2020 to meet the wage condition for all new eligible employees included in the Jobkeeper scheme under the 1 July eligibility test.
31 August 2020 – enrolments close for August fortnights
To claim JobKeeper payments for the August JobKeeper fortnights, including for new eligible employees included in the Jobkeeper scheme under the 1 July eligibility test, you must enrol for JobKeeper by 31 August.
21 July 2020 – extension of the JobKeeper Payment program
The government has announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper Payment program including:
- an extension of the program to 28 March 2021
- turnover tests to determine eligibility
- tiered payments for eligible staff
- from 28 September to 3 January 2021 and
- from 4 January to 28 March 2021.
These proposed changes will not impact JobKeeper Payments until after 28 September 2020.
For more information, visit the Treasury website and read JobKeeper extensionExternal Link.
20 July 2020 – changes for child care providers
The rule changes relating to JobKeeper payments for child care providers have now been confirmed.
Eligibility for JobKeeper payments will stop from 20 July for:
- employees of an approved provider of child care services where the employee’s ordinary duties are that they are principally engaged in the operation of the child care centre
- eligible business participants where the business entity is an approved provider of a child care service.
Childcare providers need to make sure that they do not claim JobKeeper for employees and eligible business participants who are no longer eligible. You will not be reimbursed for payments made after JobKeeper Fortnight 8 (6 July to 19 July).
There are some steps you will need to take to stop receiving JobKeeper payments for your ineligible employees and business participants. More information is available in the ATO JobKeeper guides.
Full ATO article here https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/JobKeeper-key-dates/