Darren Hagarty has over 22 years experience in public practice and specialises in taxation, structuring, facilitated estate planning, and cloud accounting. Darren is a director of Australian Bookkeepers Network Pty Ltd and of PT Partners, a Brisbane-based accounting firm servicing small and medium business. Darren regularly presents webinars to varying audiences and has a great ability for tailoring content to his specific audience so as to maximise its information value and effectiveness.
Presented by Darren Hagarty, Chartered Accountant and Tax Agent
About this Webinar
The trading structures that you use in a business can have a profound impact on tax outcomes, asset protection and estate planning. This webinar is geared specifically at business owners and will answer in detail the important questions:
- What is a trading structure?
- What are the common trading structures?
- Why is a trading structure important?
- Why is it crucial that bookkeepers have a good awareness of trading structures?
- Which structure is best?
- What are the key tax considerations when choosing the right trading structure?
- What commercial factors have a bearing on choice of trading structure?
- How does the choice of trading structure impact upon estate and succession planning?
- Asset Protection – what does it mean and what really are the risks?
- Where does the liability actually lie for sole traders, partnerships, trusts and companies?
- What asset protection strategies are available?
- What are the main steps in the structuring journey?
- What’s involved with fixing up bad structures?
This webinar will empower you with the knowledge to better understand trading structures so that you can:
- Make sure that your own house is in order;
- Have a strong awareness of the key issues when dealing with clients and/or your accountant.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Hours
You can claim 1 hour of CPE for attending this webinar.
Should you have any questions, please contact our friendly team on 1800 502 167.